The Mission of The College of Science, Engineering and Mathematics (CSEM) is to provide professional and pre-professional training to undergraduate students in the natural and computational sciences which facilitate entrance into the job market or graduate and professional schools. The CSEM endeavors to provide its undergraduate students with research opportunities in modern fields and opportunities to use their skills in service to the community.
It has been well documented that there is an extreme need for individuals trained for science related careers both nationally and internationally. In the United States alone, shortages in health-care providers, researchers, and technologists can impact the quality of life for generations to come. Also, environmental issues threaten our natural resources and the survival of human, plant, and animal populations.
The College of Science, Engineering and Mathematics will address these concerns by offering programs and courses of study which prepare students to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow. Our students will be provided with extensive knowledge of their respective fields and additional experiences which will help them apply that knowledge to real world problems.
- Provide specialized training for students in the Science, Technology, and Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) fields.
- Produce graduates who are prepared for entrance into graduate and professional schools or Science, Technology, and Engineering and Mathematics related careers.
- Produce graduates with the ability to impart discipline-specific knowledge.
- Produce graduates with the ability to utilize current technology to address Science, Technology, and Engineering and Mathematics related issues.
- Produce graduates with experience in Science, Technology, and Engineering and Mathematics research.