What's New for 2018-2019
What's New for 2018-2019?
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is now available
The IRS Data Retrieval Tool on fafsa.gov and StudentLoans.gov is currently available.
This does not limit families’ ability to apply for aid. Applicants filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®) can manually provide the requested financial information from copies of their tax returns. The online FAFSA remain operational, and applicants can continue filing as they normally would.
Students will be able to submit the FAFSA earlier!
- Students will be required to report income and tax information from an earlier tax year. For example, on the 2018-2019 FAFSA, students (and parents) will report 2016 income and tax information, rather than 2017 income and tax information.
|When a Student Is Attending College||When a Student Can Submit a FAFSA||Which Year’s Income and Tax Informat ion Is Required|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||Jan. 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018||2016|
|July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019||Oct. 1, 2017 - June 30, 2018||2016|
The 2018-2019 FAFSA is available beginning October 1, 2017.
Students will use earlier income information
Beginning with the 2018-2019 FAFSA, students will be required to report income information from an earlier tax year. On the 2018-2019 FAFSA, students and parents will report their 2016 income information, rather than their 2017 income information.
Complete your FAFSA at www.fafsa.ed.gov
Bethune-Cookman's Federal School Code for the FAFSA is 001467.March 24th, 2018 is the 2018-2019 Financial Aid Priority Application Date for fall 2018
To ensure that your financial aid will be awarded in time to help cover your tuition and fees for the fall 2017 semester, complete your file, before March 24th, 2018, for the 2018-2019 academic year.
Financial aid files completed by the priority date will be awarded financial aid, if eligible, no later than June 30, 2018.
Benefits of filing your 2018-2019 FAFSA early
- You will be done early, and you will be more prepared for the upcoming fall 2018 semester.
- Your financial aid will be finalized and you can search for need-based scholarships.
- Maximize your opportunity for certain need-based programs with limited funding.
- Eliminate the stress of waiting until the last minute to file!
- You have more time to do more informed financial planning.