Federal regulations require that federal aid awards be based on courses in which students have completed an academically related activity. Federal aid awards only disburse based on the number of credit hours in which an academic activity has been confirmed.
- physically attending a class where there is an opportunity for direct interaction between the instructor and students;
- submitting an academic assignment;
- taking an exam, an interactive tutorial or computer-assisted instruction;
- attending a study group that is assigned by the school;
- participating in an online discussion about academic matters, or initiating contact with a faculty member to ask a question about the academic subject studied in the course.
- successful completion is a grade of "D" or better (per Department of Education). Students are only allowed one repeat attempt.