Apply for Aid
STEPS TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
PRIORITIES, EXPECTATIONS, AND DEADLINES
You MUST reapply for financial aid each year. Awards are not automatically renewed
- PRIORITY DEADLINE IS MARCH 24TH. Meeting the priority deadline means you will be considered for all aid available. Students who don’t meet the priority deadline may only be considered for a Pell Grant and student loans. View this video, for an overview on the FAFSA.
- Step 1 - YOU AND YOUR PARENTS WILL NEED YOUR 2017 FEDERAL INCOME TAX INFORMATION IF YOU WERE EMPLOYED. Without this step, you will be ineligible to receive any financial aid assistance.
- Step 2 - CREATE AN FSA ID. GO TO fsaid.ed.gov.
A FSAID is a username and password that you must use to log in to certain U.S. Department of Education (DOE) websites. You and your parent (if you are dependentstudent), will need a FSAID to electronically sign your FAFSA. Your FSA ID confirms your identity when you access your financial aid information and is used to electronically sign Federal Student Aid documents. This video will show you how to create an FSAID if you are having issues.
- Step 3 - COMPLETE YOUR FREE APPLICATION FOR FEDERAL STUDENT AID (FAFSA) ONLINE at www.fafsa.gov beginning October 1. Use the prior, prior TAX YEAR INFORMATION. The FAFSA should be completed by the Priority Deadline of March 24th. The school code for Bethune-Cookman is 001467.
- Step 4 - SELECT THE IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL when completing the FAFSA. The IRS data retrieval tool will import your prior, prior income tax return data into the FAFSA.
- Step 5 - COMPLETE VERIFICATION – (Only if selected by the FAFSA or B-CU for verification) - Complete the Verification Process and all documents at https://cookman.verifymyfafsa.com/ by the Priority Deadline of March 24th. Parents of dependent students will also need a username and password to complete the parent sections of the required documents. For more information on verification.
- Step 6 - ADMITTED STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO GO TO ONLINE FINANCIAL AID TO CHECK THE STATUS IN WILDCAT WEB at https://wildcat.cookman.edu. Click on the Online Financial Aid option. All required forms and supporting documents must be submitted by Priority Deadline of March 24th. When you submit incomplete forms and do not include supporting documents, processing of your financial aid will be delayed.
- Step 7 - DYNAMIC FORMS IS USED TO COMPLETE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. To create a username and password go to https://dynamicforms.ngwebsolutions.com Parents of Dependent students will also need a
user nameand password to complete the parent sections of the required documents. Submissions after April 24th will be processed for the Spring Term.
- Step 8 - COMPLETE THE MASTER PROMISSORY NOTE (MPN) AND ENTRANCE COUNSELING for your Direct Federal Stafford loans. MPN/Entrance Counseling only has to be completed once. Both the MPN and Entrance Counseling should be completed by the Priority Deadline of March 24th at the following website www.studentloans.gov.
- Step 9 - PARENT APPLY FOR THE DIRECT PLUS LOAN at www.studentloans.gov The application will be available after April 24th. Submit a completed “Federal Direct PLUS Loan Application for Parents” go to www.studentloans.gov. If approved, your parent(s) must complete a Master Promissory Note and electronically sign it using the same FSA ID used to complete the FAFSA. The funds will not be released until these requirements are met.
- Step 10 - ACCEPT YOUR AWARDS– Through the Wildcat Web-Online Financial Aid. Click on menu - accept awards by May 1st. If your financial aid application is incomplete and you’re missing required documentation, you will not be able to accept your awards.
- Step 11 - APPLY FOR PRIVATE ALTERNATIVE STUDENT LOAN - Private loans can help bridge the remaining amount of funds needed for your education. A separate application is required directly with the lender. Go to http://www.elmselect.com/#/ to apply.
- Step 12 - PAY YOUR REMAINING BALANCE Remaining balances can be paid in the following way: 1.) Cash payments can be made directly to the Cashier’s Office; call (386) 481-2289; 2.) Credit Card payments can be made at www.cookman.edu/payment/; 3.) For payment options contact the Student Accounts Services at email@example.com
- Step 13 WORK STUDY Program has limited positions - COMPLETE FAFSA by MARCH 24TH and meets all requirements. Must be Pell-eligible and maintain 2.00 or better. Students will be assigned based on available funding, previously employed will be assigned based on their evaluation, and FAFSA completion date.