Academic Merit Award
This award is for currently enrolled students that would like to be considered for the Bethune-Cookman University Academic Merit Award. The award is applied toward university expenses for the maximum award of $2,400. For consideration a one-page essay and letter-of-recommendation must be completed. The application is currently closed, but will reopen through November-March 24th.
The Academic Merit Award is granted on an annual basis. Students must reapply annually, to access the portal please visit the Bethune-Cookman University Scholarship Online Application
To qualify, candidates must meet these minimal academic criteria:
- Must be currently enrolled as a full-time student.
- Cumulative GPA 3.25 and above (No Grades of F, I, NR)
- Earned University Credit of 24 hours per academic year
- Must NOT be a recipient of any Institutional Scholarships or funding.
The applicant cumulative GPA and financial need determine award amount. Funding is limited and is awarded on an as long as available basis.
The following is a list of required items and deadlines you must submit the items by:
- Be accepted and/or enrolled at the University as a full-time student.
- Complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the years of applying for scholarship.
A complete FAFSA includes:
- Apply for your Federal Student Aid (FSA) ID at (https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm).
- Apply for financial aid at (www.fafsa.gov) by March 24th. Selecting the IRS Data Retrieval Tool speeds up the completion of the FAFSA.
- If selected, submission of all verification documents by March 24th. Forms can be completed on Dynamic Forms.