40 Under 40 Awards
CELEBRATE AND HIGHLIGHT THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF B-CU'S RISING STARS AND INFLUENCERS AT THE 2019 40 UNDER 40 AWARDS
Bethune-Cookman University is dedicated to fostering the next generation of professionals from B-CU and is proud to recognize leaders and innovators in the areas of business, community service, education, STEM, healthcare, social justice, politics, and others. Young alumni who are making a mark in their organizations and their professions and who exhibit the core values of B-CU, Faith, Integrity, Respect, and a Thirst for Knowledge are encouraged to nominate themselves, their classmates and any other young alum who they feel is deserving of this prestigious recognition.
In 2017, this event was moved from the Florida Blue Florida Classic Weekend to B-CU’s Homecoming Week. Currently, entering its fifth year, the event has grown in popularity and competitive nature. In Since 2016, nearly $40,000 has been raised by our young alumni for student scholarships. In the spirit of raising scholarship funds for our current Wildcats, we have elevated the expectation of our young alumni to raise $40,000 for the fifth anniversary of the 40 Under 40 Awards. We are expecting to present a check for $40,000 during this year’s homecoming game on Saturday, October 26, 2019.
CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
Nominations are open from Friday, March 29th - Friday, May 10th until Midnight. Click Here to submit your nominations today. Self-nominations are allowed.
A viable candidate for the 40 Under 40 award is someone who is leading change and impacting growth within their organization. They are also extremely active in the local community, may serve on board level positions, and have a positive influence amongst their peers, colleagues, and community.
*PLEASE NOTE, MULTIPLE NOMINATIONS DO NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF BEING SELECTED. QUALITY AND DETAILED NOMINATIONS ARE REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED.
Criteria for honorees:
- Must be a graduate of Bethune-Cookman University (undergrad and graduate level alumni) • Must be under the age of 40 in October 2019
- Must raise a MINIMUM philanthropic gift of $1,000 by September 30, 2019, to be deposited in the 40 Under 40 Scholarship Fund
- Must exemplify the Core Values of B-CU (Faith, Integrity, Respect, Service, and a Thirst for Knowledge)
- Must have made an impact in business, leadership, community, education, politics, humanities, and/or philanthropic endeavors
- Must be an individual who has demonstrated a willingness to maintain a lifelong commitment of service to B-CU
The 2019 Awards will be presented during the Fifth Annual 40 Under 40 Awards Luncheon, Friday, October 25, 2019 during Homecoming Week in Daytona Beach, FL.
Submission deadline: May 10, 2019 11:59 p.m.
Extended deadlines will not be granted. For questions please email email@example.com